Benchmark Toolkit will support for Microsoft Dynamics AX 6.0?

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Hi

Benchmark Toolkit will support for Microsoft Dynamics AX 6.0?
If answer is Yes then please tell me how to run the Benchmark AX 2009 with Microdoft Dynamics AX 2012.

Thanks

Praveen

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Hi,

We have downloaded the code from the CodePlex (http://benchmarktoolkit.codeplex.com/releases/view/24874) and debug the code, it is notable to connect the .Net business connector and the error is "Connection with the Application Object Server could not be established".

Please let me know how to resolve this problem. Below S\w versions are present in my machine.

AOS Version: AX 2012

Benchmark version: Ax 2009 

Thanks

Praveen

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Hi Praveen,

Benchmark Toolkit is only for AX2009. It will not work for AX2012. Even if you recompiled to AX2012 BC, the X++ code that it wraps and parameters have changed and will not work.

Thanks

Ray

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any plan to upgrade the Benchmark Toolkit to support AX2012?

Thanks

Praveen

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:10 AM

Hi Ray

Please let me know, what is the proposed tool for performance benchmarking on AX2012?

Thanks

Praveen

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Hi,

Any updates on the support for AX 2012.

Thanks

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:03 AM
Chandrasekarann wrote:

Hi,

Any updates on the support for AX 2012.

Thanks

Hi Chandrasekarann:

Unable to comment on availability of Benchmark for 2012 at this time. However we are working on developing a couple of new services around benchmark creation, so I can tell you that there will be something for testing 2012. Can you please contact me privately and I can discuss the options with you?

Thanks

Ray

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Hi,

any news concerning the support for Ax2012?

Thx!

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Hello,

We are implementing ax2012 and we have some serieus performance issues with the system. Are there any benchmark tools around for ax2012?

Thank you in advance,

Jaap Frank
Feb 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
@jaapfrank

There are plans to release the AX2012 Benchmark Toolkit. However, you can already accomplish your own benchmarking by utilizing the Application Object Explorer, dragging in the X++ classes that you want to test into a Unit Test in Visual Studio, and then create a Load Test to simulate multiple users. The Benchmark Toolkit provides automation around simulating the rich client for standard scenarios, but almost always will require you to modify it for your customizations.

However, if you are having performance issues, a benchmark is not the best way to tackle that. Utilizing tracing and analysis tools is the best way of tackling performance issues. Start by installing DynamicsPerf and reading through the PDF to make sure it is populated by following the installation PDF. Use the built in solution to analyze the solution.

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/DynamicsPerf

Once that is complete, trace specific scenarios by using AX Tracing (developer workspace->Tools->Tracing Cockpit) to take traces of specific scenarios, load those into the Trace Parser tool that comes with Dynamics AX 2012, and analyze to see where the time is being spent.
Mar 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM
@esac

Thank you very much for this information.

Much appreciated!