Executing in-built tests present in Microsoft dynamics AX performance tool kit

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Hi,

Can any body tell me how can I executing the in-built tests present in Microsoft dynamics AX performance tool kit.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Vinay

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Hi Vinay,

This information is included in the documentation in Page 5 (Documentation is in Docs folder where you extracted, or should be in your Start Menu if you installed via the Redist MSI). But in general, you will need to look at the files in the DataSource directory. For all of them you will need to define the AX users in UserManagement.csv. For Sales Order scenario, you will need to modify the SO_*.csv files to match your database. Respectively, you will need to modify SQ for Sales Quotation, IA for Item Arrival, etc.. each file has a different set of data to use, for example, SO_Customers.csv is just a list of customers to randomly pick from for generating a Sales Order Header. E10000 will use customer ID 'E10000'. Add more to the list to increase the pool. SO_ItemDistribution.csv uses E100000,E199999 which tells it to use item id's between these 2 ranges.

Remember, you will need to make this match YOUR database. Each customer has different data in AX so there is not one set of DataSource files that can be used that will work between all customers.

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Hi Rayben,

Do I need to define the AX users in UserManagement.csv even if I am planning to run the in-inbuilt tests present (vanilla tests) ??

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Yes, you will need to specify the users to logon with. This could be as simple as 1 user, but note that any behavior you get from a stress, performance or sizing test will not be equivalent to what you would see in a product scenario. The best use for this would be simple functional testing.

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Hi Rayben,

I did specify the no. of users & tried to run the 'Just Login' test just to observe the results but it was strange enough to see that the result says the test is 'Not-Runnable'!!!

That is something I have never come across before.

I wanted to add a snapshot but i could not find any means to do that here.

If can share your e-mail address, i can send you that.

-Vinay

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM

attached the screenshot in Issue tracker section as i was able to find a provision there!!

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I am also getting test is 'Not-Runnable'!!! error although setup the user in UserManagement.csv file. I am also having issues debugging this tool from debug test.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2010 at 6:07 PM

sema:

The fix for this is described in http://benchmarktoolkit.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3572

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Hi Rayben,

I set up everything as it shows in the documentation and still errors in CreateAndPostLedgerJournalClassInitialize method where it reads context parameters such as LoginFileName. Please give me a direction on this. I already spent 2 days to learn this product and not sure how much more time we went to spend. Thanks for your help.

1. Created a load test for CreateLedgerJournals which seems to be available from the list (not sure why the other options are not available and where to install them)

2. Entered our Computer Name which we have both Axapta and SQL stored

3. Entered the Context Parameters

4. Entered the settings for the main project

Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:08 AM
To: Sema Atavi
Subject: Re: Executing in-built tests present in Microsoft dynamics AX performance tool kit [BenchmarkToolkit:78156]

sema:

The fix for this is described in http://benchmarktoolkit.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3572

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (BenchmarkToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email BenchmarkToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com